I can’t believe that only a few years ago I was used to buying granola at the supermarket. Once you try to make it yourself and you realize how easy it is, you wont’be able to buy it again!
The best part of homemade granola is that you can use simple ingredients that most of us have in the cupboard. It’s a great way to finish those leftover nuts, dried fruits or spices. All you need is a bowl and your hands!
I love how simple and healthy this recipe is. No fancy ingredients, just almonds and oats. Sweetened with maple syrup only, this recipe is low in sugar, vegan, dairy-free and can be made gluten-free just by making sure to choose certified gluten-free oats.
Vanilla almond granola
- 130 grams fine oats *
- 60 grams rolled oats*
- 30 grams oat flour *
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 40 grams almonds, chopped
- 50 grams almond slices
- 70 grams pure maple syrup
- 50 grams coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup coconut chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 340˚F (170˚C/150˚C fan).
- In a large bowl, combine, the oats, oat flour, salt, cardamom, chopped almonds and almond slices.
- Combine the melted coconut oil with maple syrup and vanilla bean paste. Pour over the oats mixture and mix well. Use your hands!
- Spread the granola evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 16-18 minutes, stirring after about 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely. Add the coconut chips, if using.
- Store in an air-tight container.Enjoy with some milk, yogurt or snack it straight from the jar!