Do you agree that strawberry and chocolate is a match made in heaven? I love banana bread, but this one is my absolute favorite!
I am so happy that strawberry season is finally back again! I am testing many new recipes involving strawberries, I hope that you guys don’t mind the strawberry spam!
This banana bread has a moist and fluffy texture with juicy strawberries and melted chocolate chips hidden inside!
If you’re not a strawberry fan, check my other banana bread recipes, or leave them out!
And the recipe is ridiculously easy, you can even make it in a blender! I prefer to use a blender because I don’t really enjoy small banana chunks, but if you like it that way, go with a fork instead!
This banana bread stays soft and moist for a couple of days on the counter. You can also freeze single slices and pop them in the microwave when you desire!
Do you guys also love baking with strawberries? If yes, check my strawberry donuts recipe for more inspo!
I really hope that you guys will give this banana bread recipe a try because it is very easy and so worth it!
If you make this recipe, be sure to drop a comment below and tag me with your recreations on Instagram @foodie.yuki !
Easy strawberry and chocolate banana bread
- blender (optional)
- 225 g (2 medium) bananas, mashed
- 110 g (1/2cup) melted vegan butter room temperature (or 80 g coconut oil)
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar/ caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 250 g (2 cups) cake or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 150g (1/2 cup) chopped strawberries
- 30 g (2tsbp) mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan (I use a 25cm pan) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place bananas, sugar, vanilla, vinegar, almond milk and melted butter into a food processor and blend until smooth. (Alternatively, mash the bananas with a fork and combine with remaining wet ingredients.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Sift dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Add corn starch, strawberries and chocolate chips to a small bowl and toss to coat.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and strawberries to the batter using a rubber spatula. Transfer the batter to the lined pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Once a skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.