These muffins have rolled oats in the batter and are topped with seeds , dried fruits and nuts. The perfect ingredients for a delicious breakfast!
These muffins have a very light and fluffy texture thanks to the coconut yogurt and they’re sweetend with maple syrup.
You can chose the toppings that you prefer. I used almonds, raisins and mixed seeds, but feel free to use berries or chocolate chunks!
- 200 grams (2 cups) old fashioned rolled oats
- 220 ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) neutral oil (canola, sunflower or any other vegetable oil)
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar / brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) coconut yogurt
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all- purpose-flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Toppings (optional): mixed seeds, nuts, cranberries or raisins, raw sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 200C | 400F degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the oats and milk in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, and coconut yogurt. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, comnine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the toppings, if using.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.