Healthy blender beetroot dip is a nutritious and flavorful dip made with a combination of cooked beetroots, yogurt, garlic, and other seasonings.
This vibrant and colorful dip is easy to make in a blender and can be served with vegetable sticks, pita bread, or crackers.
Healthy Beetroot Dip
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup pickled beets, drain the liquid
- 20 oz can white beans, drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients into the blender container. Secure the lid.
- Start the blending at low speed, then quickly increase to highestspeed and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
Introduction about Healthy Blender Beetroot Dip
Beetroot is a powerhouse of nutrients that provides many health benefits. It is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a great addition to a healthy diet. The addition of yogurt in this dip provides a good source of protein and probiotics, which are great for gut health.
To make healthy blender beetroot dip, cooked beetroots are blended together with yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings until smooth and creamy. The result is a delicious and nutritious dip that is perfect for snacking or entertaining.
Not only is healthy blender beetroot dip easy to make and packed with nutrition, but it is also a great way to add more vegetables to your diet. Beetroot is a versatile vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked, and the dip can be customized to suit your personal taste by adjusting the seasonings or adding more ingredients.
Here are some cooking tips to help you make a perfect healthy blender beetroot dip:
- Use fresh beetroots: To get the best flavor and nutrition, it’s best to use fresh beetroots in this dip. Choose beetroots that are firm and unblemished.
- Cook the beetroots properly: Beetroots need to be cooked until they are tender before blending them into the dip. You can cook them by boiling, roasting, or steaming them. Boiling is the quickest method and will take around 30-40 minutes, while roasting or steaming can take up to an hour.
- Blend well: It’s important to blend the ingredients well to get a smooth and creamy texture. If you prefer a chunky dip, you can pulse the blender a few times instead of blending continuously.
- Adjust the seasoning: The amount of seasoning you add to the healthy blender beetroot dip can be adjusted to suit your tastes. Start with a small amount and add more as needed until you reach the desired flavor.
- Chill before serving: After making the dip, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the dip to thicken slightly.
- Customize the recipe: Healthy blender beetroot dip is a versatile dip that can be customized to suit your tastes. You can add other ingredients like tahini, lemon zest, or fresh herbs to add extra flavor and texture to the dip.
By following these cooking tips, you can make a delicious and nutritious healthy beetroot dip that’s perfect for snacking or entertaining.
Nutritional Value (Amount per Serving)
Fat 11.9 g
Carbohydrates 22.4 g
Sugar 4.4 g
Protein 7.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Here are some serving suggestions for healthy blender beetroot dip:
- With vegetable sticks: Serve healthy blender beetroot dip with a variety of vegetable sticks such as carrot, cucumber, celery, and bell pepper. This makes for a healthy and colorful appetizer.
- With pita bread or crackers: Healthy blender beetroot dip can also be served with pita bread or crackers for a tasty and filling snack.
- As a dip for grilled meats: Healthy blender beetroot dip can be used as a dip for grilled meats such as chicken, beef, or lamb. It adds a burst of flavor and nutrition to the dish.
- As a sandwich spread: Use healthy blender beetroot dip as a spread on sandwiches or wraps instead of mayonnaise or other spreads. It adds a unique flavor and a healthy twist to a classic sandwich.
- As a salad dressing: Healthy blender beetroot dip can be thinned out with a little water or olive oil and used as a salad dressing. It adds a beautiful pink color and a tangy flavor to any salad.
- As a topping for roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, or cauliflower can be topped with healthy blender beetroot dip for an added burst of flavor and nutrition.
Overall, healthy blender beetroot dip is a versatile and tasty dip that can be served in many ways. Try these serving suggestions or get creative and come up with your own ways to enjoy this delicious and healthy dip!