Homemade granola can be a healthy, comforting and delicious treat. Most of the store-bought stuff is high in sugar. I love homemade granola for its versatility. You can use so many different ingredients and get different flavors every time!
This crunchy granola is vegan, gluten free, soy free, refined sugar free and it’s made with delicious pecans and dried cranberries. Yum!
To make these delicious parfaits, simply combine granola with coconut yogurt and fresh berries.
- 1 bowl
- 70 grams pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 150 grams rolled oats (gluten free)
- 50 grams fine oats (gluten free)
- 20 grams chia seeds
- 50 grams unsweetened dried cranberries
- 20 grams coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 60 grams coconut oil, melted
- 60 grams pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut chips
- 2 Tbsp rose petals (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almonds, oats, chia seeds, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove the baking sheet. Flip the granola with a spatula and put the sheet back in the still-hot oven for 10 minutes to dry out.
- Let cool completely. Transfer an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place for up to 8 weeks.
Cooking tips Crunchy Granola
Here are some cooking tips for making crunchy granola:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use fresh and high-quality ingredients like rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to ensure the best flavor and texture for your granola.
- Mix the ingredients well: Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly, so that they are evenly distributed throughout the granola. This will ensure that the granola cooks evenly and has a consistent flavor.
- Use a combination of sweeteners: Use a combination of sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar to add sweetness and help the granola to clump together.
- Add oil to the mixture: Add a small amount of oil (such as coconut oil or olive oil) to the granola mixture to help it crisp up and become crunchy.
- Don’t over-bake the granola: Over-baking the granola can cause it to become too dark and burnt. Check the granola frequently and remove it from the oven as soon as it is golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely: Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before breaking it into pieces. This will help the granola to become crunchy and will prevent it from sticking together.
- Store the granola properly: Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the fridge for up to a month. This will help to preserve its freshness and crunchiness.
Overall, making crunchy granola is a simple and delicious way to add some variety to your breakfast routine. With the right ingredients and cooking techniques, you can create a homemade granola that is nutritious, flavorful, and satisfying.
FAQs of Crunchy Granola
Here are some frequently asked questions about crunchy granola:
Q: What is granola?
A: Granola is a breakfast food made with rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. It is typically baked until golden brown and crispy.
Q: Is granola healthy?
A: Granola can be a healthy breakfast option when made with nutritious ingredients like whole grains, nuts, and seeds. However, some store-bought granolas can be high in added sugars, so it’s important to read the nutrition label and choose brands with less added sugar.
Q: How do I make crunchy granola?
A: To make crunchy granola, mix together rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake at a low temperature until golden brown and crispy.
Q: Can I customize my granola recipe?
A: Yes, you can customize your granola recipe to include your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. You can also adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking.
Q: How do I store granola?
A: Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the fridge for up to a month. This will help to preserve its freshness and crunchiness.
Q: How can I serve granola?
A: Granola can be served with milk or yogurt for a quick and easy breakfast, or sprinkled on top of oatmeal or smoothie bowls for added crunch. It can also be enjoyed as a snack on its own.
Q: Can I make granola without nuts or seeds?
A: Yes, you can make granola without nuts or seeds if you have allergies or prefer not to include them. You can replace them with more oats or add other ingredients like coconut flakes or dried fruit.
In conclusion, crunchy granola is a delicious and nutritious breakfast food that is easy to make at home. By using high-quality ingredients and following some simple cooking tips, you can create a customized granola that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs.
Whether you enjoy it with milk or yogurt, or as a snack on its own, crunchy granola is a versatile and satisfying way to start your day.