Chocolate and pears: a match made in heaven! Spiced pears are so easy to make and so tasty! Just bake them into a big pot of boiling water together with the spices and maple syrup. They will become tender and delicious and your house will smell heavenly!
To make the Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie recipe gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free oat flour. The filling of this pie is rich, creamy and decadent.
Chocolate and spiced pears pie
- 1 saucepan
- 6 medium pears
- 700 ml water
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams full fat coconut cream (the thick part of a can)
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 grams coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour with cacao powder, sugar and salt. Add the coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Press the dough firmly into the tart tin and place the base into the refrigerator to set.
- Peel the pears, keeping the petiole. (This is going to be helpful to remove them from the saucepan).
- Place water, sugar, maple syrup and spices in a high edge pot and heat on medium heat until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the pears in the water, keeping them vertically. Add more water if the pears are not completely covered with water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the saucepan and let cool down completely.
- Cut 3 of them in halves (remove the petiole) and place them on the bottom of the tart. You can use the remaining pears as a decoration.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut cream, coconut oil and chocolate and cook on a low heat until all the ingredients are melted and well combined.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the tart base and make sure to cover the pears.
- Place the tart in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
Cooking tips Chocolate and spiced pears pie
Here are some cooking tips to help you make a perfect Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie:
- Use ripe pears: Select pears that are ripe but still firm to the touch. Soft, overripe pears will turn mushy when cooked.
- Poach the pears: Poach the pears in a mixture of sugar, water, and spices until they are tender and fragrant. This will infuse the pears with flavor and ensure that they are cooked evenly.
- Make the crust from scratch: Use a homemade pie crust for the best flavor and texture. You can use a classic butter pie crust or a chocolate pie crust to complement the chocolate filling.
- Use high-quality chocolate: Use high-quality chocolate for the filling to ensure a rich and decadent flavor. Dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids will work well in this recipe.
- Don’t overbake the pie: Be careful not to overbake the pie, or the chocolate filling will become dry and crumbly. The pie is ready when the filling is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Let the pie cool before slicing: Allow the pie to cool to room temperature before slicing. This will give the filling time to set and make it easier to slice and serve.
By following these cooking tips, you can create a delicious and impressive Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie that will be the highlight of any dessert table.
Here are some serving suggestions for Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie:
- Whipped cream: Top each slice of Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a decadent touch.
- Vanilla ice cream: Serve warm slices of Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious and comforting dessert.
- Cinnamon sugar: Sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar over the top of the pie for a warm and cozy flavor.
- Candied nuts: Top the pie with some candied nuts such as pecans or walnuts for a crunchy texture and extra sweetness.
- Spiced hot chocolate: Serve the pie with a cup of spiced hot chocolate for a cozy and comforting dessert experience.
These serving suggestions will help you enhance the flavor and presentation of your Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie and make it an unforgettable dessert for any occasion.
FAQs of Chocolate and spiced pears pie
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie:
Q: Can I use canned pears for this recipe?
A: Fresh pears are recommended for this recipe as they hold their shape better when cooked and have a better texture. However, if fresh pears are not available, you can use canned pears that are packed in water or light syrup.
Q: Can I use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust if you prefer. However, making the crust from scratch will give the pie a better flavor and texture.
Q: Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for the filling?
A: Dark chocolate is recommended for this recipe as it has a stronger and more complex flavor that pairs well with the spiced pears. However, if you prefer milk chocolate, you can use it instead.
Q: Can I make the pie ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the pie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Allow the pie to come to room temperature before serving.
Q: Can I freeze the pie?
A: Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to 1 month. Wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw the pie in the refrigerator before serving.
Q: Can I use a different type of spice for the pears?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of spice if you prefer. Cinnamon or nutmeg would be good alternatives to the ginger and cardamom in this recipe.
By following these FAQs, you can make any adjustments to the recipe and have a delicious and unique Chocolate and Spiced Pears Pie that will leave your guests impressed.