Have you ever tried baked donuts? Baked donuts are much healthier than fried donuts and they’re just as delicious as the classic ones!
All you need is a donut mold, which is very easy to find.
These donuts are loaded with strawberries inside and they are dipped in a strawberry glaze for double yumminess!
If you’re not a strawberry lover like I am, check out my matcha donuts instead!
The glaze is absolutely optional, I prefer my donuts plain, so I only make the glaze for other people who ask for it. If you don’t like glaze or you are limiting your sugar intake, just skip this step and enjoy the donuts right from the oven!
This recipe is super easy and so delicious, plus it’s dairy and egg-free and suitable for a vegan diet.
In this recipe I used plant-based butter, the solid one that comes in a stick, not the margarine that is sold in a container. I always look for clean ingredients plant butter and I try to avoid the ones containing palm oil. You can also use regular dairy butter if you prefer.
I posted a free video tutorial for this recipe, you can watch it on my Instagram page @foodie.yuki !
If you make this recipe, be sure to drop a comment below and tag me with your recreations on Instagram @foodie.yuki !
Easy strawberry donuts
- 190 g (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 150 g (3/4 cup) light brown or caster sugar
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) almond milk
- 40 g (2 tbsp) coconut yogurt unsweetened
- 50 g (4 tbsp) melted vegan butter room temperature
- 150 g (1/2 cup) chopped strawberries
- 2 tsp corn starch
Ingredients for the glaze
- 140 g (1 cup) icing (powdered) sugar sifted
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) almond milk
- 15g (1tbsp) vegan butter, melted room temp
- 4 medium strawberries
- rose petals or sprinkles to decorate
Instructions for the donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare donut tray by spraying with non-stick spray or grease with little oil. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and add the sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add the soy milk, soy yogurt and melted butter/ coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Place strawberries and corn starch in a small bowl and toss to coat. Add to the batter and gently fold to combine.
- Transfer the donut batter into the mold with a spoon.
- Bake for 17 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring the donuts to a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
Instructions for the glaze
- Mash strawberries with a spoon over a fine mesh sieve to get the liquid out.
- Add sifted powder sugar, melted butter and soy milk to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add strawberry liquid (about 3 tsp)and whisk to combine.
- Dip the donuts into the sugar glaze and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray and decorate with toppings.