There is something so comforting about homemade granola. One of my favorite things to wake up to in rainy autumn days, is a big bowl of nutty granola with warm milk. So yummy!
The Coconut and Tahini crunchy granola has subtle vanilla and tahini flavor and the toasted coconut chips give that amazing extra crunch we all need!
I added pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds, but feel free to replace with other add-ins of choice.
I used toasted coconut chips, so I added them to the finished granola, to avoid burning them in the oven. If you have non-toasted coconut chips, please add them to the granola mixture and bake along the other ingredients.
This granola is super easy to make and it keeps well in an airtight glass for couple of weeks. I really hope you will give this recipe a try and feel all the cozy autumn vibes!
Coconut and Tahini granola
- 330 g (3 cups) rolled oats GF certified if needed
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g (1/3 cup) almonds choppped
- 50 g (1/2 cup) pecans or walnuts chopped
- 50 g (1/3 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 25 g (1/3 cup) coconut chips
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 115 g (1/2 cup) tahini
- 130 g (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- 50 g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- Heat oven to 160C/ 325F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients (oats, nuts, seeds, coconut chips* salt, cinnamon) in a large mixing bowl.*
- In a small saucepan add tahini, maple syrup and coconut oil. Heat over medium heat for a couple of minute, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the tahini mixture over the oat mixture, and stir until combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven. Let granola cool until it reaches room temperature, without stirring. Break the granola up into clumps. Add extra toasted coconut chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Fact about Coconut and Tahini crunchy granola
Here’s a fun fact about coconut and tahini crunchy granola:
Granola was first invented in the United States in the late 19th century by Dr. James Caleb Jackson, a physician who was looking for a healthy and easy-to-digest breakfast cereal for his patients at the Jackson Sanatorium in New York.
He created a cereal made of baked graham flour, which he called “granola,” and it became popular among health enthusiasts and vegetarians. In the 20th century, various types of granola were developed, often with added nuts, seeds, and fruits.
Today, coconut and tahini crunchy granola is a popular and nutritious variation that can be enjoyed as a breakfast cereal or snack.
Coconut and tahini crunchy granola is a nutritious breakfast cereal that is made with wholesome ingredients. Here are some of the nutritional ingredients of this delicious cereal:
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats are a good source of fiber and carbohydrates, which provide energy and support digestive health.
- Coconut flakes: Coconut flakes are high in healthy fats and fiber, which can help promote satiety and support heart health.
- Tahini: Tahini is a good source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals like calcium and iron.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that contains antioxidants and minerals like zinc and manganese.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a plant-based fat that is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which can provide energy and support brain function.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds like almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds can provide a good source of healthy fats, protein, and vitamins and minerals.
Overall, coconut and tahini crunchy granola is a nutritious and flavorful breakfast option that can provide a balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats to start your day off right. It can be enjoyed with milk or yogurt, or used as a topping for smoothie bowls or oatmeal for added crunch and nutrition.
Here are some serving suggestions for coconut and tahini crunchy granola:
- Serve with milk or yogurt: Coconut and tahini crunchy granola is delicious when served with your favorite type of milk or yogurt. It can be enjoyed as a breakfast cereal or a mid-day snack.
- Top smoothie bowls or oatmeal: Sprinkle coconut and tahini crunchy granola on top of your favorite smoothie bowl or oatmeal for added crunch and nutrition.
- Use as a topping for fruit salad or ice cream: Coconut and tahini crunchy granola can be used as a topping for fresh fruit salad or vegan ice cream for added texture and flavor.
- Mix with dried fruit for a trail mix: Mix coconut and tahini crunchy granola with dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, or apricots for a tasty and nutritious trail mix.
- Enjoy as a standalone snack: Coconut and tahini crunchy granola can be enjoyed as a standalone snack throughout the day. It’s a great option for a mid-day pick-me-up or a pre-workout snack.
Overall, coconut and tahini crunchy granola is a versatile and delicious breakfast cereal that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you serve it with milk or yogurt, top it on smoothie bowls or oatmeal, or mix it with dried fruit for a trail mix, it’s sure to provide a tasty and nutritious start to your day.