No oven required to make this yummy chocolate cake!
This recipe is very easy and everybody will love it! As always, I used high quality organic ingredients to make it healthier, plant-based, vegan-friendly, dairy free and gluten-free but still super rich and decadent! Check the recipe for a nut-free option!
There are no pears in the filling, so feel free to replace them with other fruits or toppings you like, but I love chocolate and pear combo! It’s autumn here in Switzerland and there are so many delicious variety of pears, I couldn’t help buying those beautiful red peel pears. (The variety is called QTee)
Since I used a spring pan with removable bottom, unlike some other no bake chocolate tarts, I added some agar powder and corn starch to the filling to get a firmier texture and to make the unmolding process easier.
The texture is firm and easy to cut, yet it’s creamy and light in the mouth.
I recommend using the ingredients as mentioned and following all the steps of the recipe. Using more agar or corn starch will make your cake too dense/hard or jelly-like. I used agar powder, so make sure you’re not using agar flakes, which have to be previously soaked and boiled.
Since we’re adding agar and corn starch to the filling, we don’t need canned coconut milk. Regular full fat coconut milk from a carton will do the job.
Dissolving agar and corn starch into water before adding to the warm mixture prevents the formation of lumps, so don’t skip this step.
To make this cake nut-free, replace the pecans with the same amount of pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
I hope you guys will like this recipe! As always, I’d love to hear from you and to see your beautiful creations! Leave a comment below or tag me on Isntagram @foodie.yuki
No bake chocolate and pear cheesecake
- one 16 cm round pan with removable bottom
Ingredients for the base
- 40 g organic pumpkin seeds
- 65 g organic pecans (replace with pumpkin or sunflower seeds 1:1 for nut-free
- 50 g quinoa flakes
- 2/4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil melted
Ingredients for the filling
- 580 g full fat coconut milk (carton, not canned)
- 50 g organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 40 g dark chocolate chopped
- 30 g raw cacao powder dissolved in 40 ml water
- 1 tsp agar powder dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Make the base
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan (bottom lined). (Make sure you're using a Spring pan with removable bottom).
- Place the base in the fridge whilst making the filling.
Make the filling
- Place the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt into a medium saucepan.Heat on low and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and cacao paste and whisk to combine.
- Add the corn starch and agar mixture and heat in medium until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool down a little, whisking from time to time to avoid the peel on top, before pouring the filling over the base.
- Let it cool down completely before placing in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Top with fresh pears, little meringues, cacao nibs, blackberries.