No oven required to make this yummy chocolate cake!
The Chocolate and Pear No Bake Cheesecake recipe is very easy and everybody will love it! As always, I used high quality organic ingredients to make it healthier, plant-based, vegan-friendly, dairy free and gluten-free but still super rich and decadent! Check the recipe for a nut-free option!
Introduction about Chocolate and pear no bake cheesecake
There are no pears in the filling, so feel free to replace them with other fruits or toppings you like, but I love chocolate and pear combo! It’s autumn here in Switzerland and there are so many delicious variety of pears, I couldn’t help buying those beautiful red peel pears.
Since I used a spring pan with removable bottom, unlike some other no bake chocolate tarts, I added some agar powder and corn starch to the filling to get a firmier texture and to make the unmolding process easier.
The texture is firm and easy to cut, yet it’s creamy and light in the mouth.
I recommend using the ingredients as mentioned and following all the steps of the recipe. Using more agar or corn starch will make your cake too dense/hard or jelly-like. I used agar powder, so make sure you’re not using agar flakes, which have to be previously soaked and boiled.
Since we’re adding agar and corn starch to the filling, we don’t need canned coconut milk. Regular full fat coconut milk from a carton will do the job.
Dissolving agar and corn starch into water before adding to the warm mixture prevents the formation of lumps, so don’t skip this step.
To make this cake nut-free, replace the pecans with the same amount of pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
I hope you guys will like this recipe! As always, I’d love to hear from you and to see your beautiful creations!
No bake chocolate and pear cheesecake
- 1 16 cm round pan with removable bottom
Ingredients for the base
- 40 grams organic pumpkin seeds
- 65 grams organic pecans (replace with pumpkin or sunflower seeds 1:1 for nut-free
- 50 grams quinoa flakes
- 2/4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil melted
Ingredients for the filling
- 580 grams full fat coconut milk (carton, not canned)
- 50 grams organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp 50
- 40 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 30 grams raw cacao powder dissolved in 40 ml water
- 1 tsp agar powder dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Make the base
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until a sticky dough forms
- Press the dough into the prepared pan (bottom lined). (Make sure you're using a Spring pan with removable bottom).
- Place the base in the fridge whilst making the filling.
Make the filling
- Place the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt into a medium saucepan.Heat on low and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and cacao paste and whisk to combine.
- Add the corn starch and agar mixture and heat in medium until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool down a little, whisking from time to time to avoid the peel on top, before pouring the filling over the base.
- Let it cool down completely before placing in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Top with fresh pears, little meringues, cacao nibs, blackberries.
Here are some tips for making a delicious Chocolate and Pear No Bake Cheesecake:
- Use high-quality ingredients: To make a great-tasting cheesecake, start with high-quality ingredients like fresh pears, premium chocolate, and cream cheese.
- Crushed cookie crust: To make the crust, use crushed cookies like graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or Oreos. Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter until well combined, then press the mixture into the bottom of your cheesecake pan.
- Softened cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will ensure that the cheesecake mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Use sweetened condensed milk to sweeten and thicken the cheesecake filling. This will give your cheesecake a rich, creamy texture.
- Melted chocolate: Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth and shiny. Let it cool slightly before mixing it with the cheesecake filling.
- Pureed pear: Puree ripe pears in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add the puree to the cheesecake mixture to give it a fruity flavor and a natural sweetness.
- Chill the cheesecake: Once you’ve assembled the cheesecake, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. This will give the cheesecake time to set and allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings: Before serving, top the cheesecake with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your dessert.
With these tips, you’re sure to make a delicious chocolate and pear no bake cheesecake that everyone will love!
Here are the nutritional ingredients for a typical Chocolate and Pear No Bake Cheesecake recipe:
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese is the main ingredient in cheesecake, providing a rich and creamy texture. One ounce (28 grams) of cream cheese contains approximately 100 calories, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, and less than 1 gram of carbohydrates.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Sweetened condensed milk is used to sweeten and thicken the cheesecake filling. One ounce (28 grams) of sweetened condensed milk contains approximately 62 calories, 1.6 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, and 10 grams of carbohydrates (mostly from sugar).
- Chocolate: Chocolate is added to the cheesecake filling and used as a topping. One ounce (28 grams) of dark chocolate contains approximately 155 calories, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, and 17 grams of carbohydrates.
- Pears: Pears are a delicious addition to the cheesecake and provide natural sweetness. One medium pear (approximately 178 grams) contains approximately 101 calories, less than 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of protein, and 27 grams of carbohydrates (including 6 grams of fiber and 17 grams of sugar).
- Biscuits: Biscuits are used to make the crust for the cheesecake. The nutritional content depends on the type of biscuits used, but they are generally high in carbohydrates and calories.
Overall, chocolate and pear no-bake cheesecake is a high-calorie and high-fat dessert that should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.