This is the easiest recipe ever! It requires only a few ingredients and 30 minutes. What are you waiting for?
Sometimes you don’t need long and complicate recipes to make great desserts! This tart is a simple chocolate crust filled with a rich melt-in-your-mouth chocolate filling.
The spices are a delicious addition to the chocolate filling, but feel free to omit if you prefer a plain version. I also added some coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor; no worries if you don’t like coffee, because you won’t be able to taste the coffee in the final result.
To make this tart gluten-free, please make sure you’re using certifed GF oat flour, or replace the oat flour with quinoa flakes.
To make this tart nut-free, replace the pecans with pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Feel free to decorate the tart with some melted chocolate, salt flakes, nuts or any topping of choice.
The “melt-in-your-mouth” filling is just insane. You NEED that tart in your life!
The ingredients are for a 18x10x3 cm rectangular tart tin with removable bottom. You can also use round tins if that’s what you have. Please note that the removable bottom is very helpful to unmold the tart without damaging the tart.
I usually leave the tart into the mold until it’s completely set, then I gently press the bottom upwards to remove the tart without damaging it.
Easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart
- 18x10x3 cm tart tin with removable bottom
Ingredients for the base
- 50 grams pecans
- 20 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch pink salt
- 50 grams oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for the chocolate filling
- 120 grams dairy free dark chocolate, chopped
- 170 grams coconut cream from a can solid part only
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Make the base
- Preheat oven to 175C degrees.
- Place all the ingredients except coconut oil in a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until combined. You should end up with a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into the tart tin.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Make the chocolate filling
- Dissolve the instant coffee in one tablespoon warm water.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat until it's smooth and sleek.
- Pour the filling over the base.Place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
Pour the filling over the base.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours.