Easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart is the easiest recipe ever! It requires only a few ingredients and 30 minutes. What are you waiting for?
Sometimes you don’t need long and complicated recipes to make great desserts! This tart is a simple chocolate crust filled with a rich melt-in-your-mouth chocolate filling.
Introduction about Easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart
The spices are a delicious addition to the chocolate filling, but feel free to omit if you prefer a plain version. I also added some coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor; no worries if you don’t like coffee, because you won’t be able to taste the coffee in the final result.
To make this tart gluten-free, please make sure you’re using certifed GF oat flour, or replace the oat flour with quinoa flakes.
To make this tart nut-free, replace the pecans with pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Feel free to decorate the tart with some melted chocolate, salt flakes, nuts or any topping of choice. The “melt-in-your-mouth” filling is just insane. You NEED that tart in your life!
The ingredients are for a 18x10x3 cm rectangular tart tin with removable bottom. You can also use round tins if that’s what you have. Please note that the removable bottom is very helpful to unmold the tart without damaging the tart.
I usually leave the tart into the mold until it’s completely set, then I gently press the bottom upwards to remove the tart without damaging it.
Easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart
- 18x10x3 cm tart tin with removable bottom
Ingredients for the base
- 50 grams pecans
- 20 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch pink salt
- 50 grams oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for the chocolate filling
- 120 grams dairy free dark chocolate, chopped
- 170 grams coconut cream from a can solid part only
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Make the base
- Preheat oven to 175C degrees.
- Place all the ingredients except coconut oil in a food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add the coconut oil and blend until combined. You should end up with a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into the tart tin.Bake for 12 minutes.
Make the chocolate filling
- Dissolve the instant coffee in one tablespoon warm water.Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat until it's smooth and sleek.
- Pour the filling over the base.Place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.Pour the filling over the base.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours.
An easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart is a decadent dessert that pairs well with a variety of different flavors. Here are some serving suggestions to try:
- Fresh Berries: Top your chocolate tart with fresh berries like raspberries, strawberries or blueberries for a refreshing and colorful burst of flavor.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of freshly whipped cream adds a light and airy texture to the rich and dense chocolate tart. Try it with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top.
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the chocolate tart for a sweet and indulgent contrast to the bitter chocolate flavor.
- Ice Cream: Serve a slice of chocolate tart with a scoop of your favorite ice cream flavor, such as vanilla, chocolate or coffee.
- Espresso: Pair your chocolate tart with a shot of espresso or a cup of strong coffee for a rich and decadent after-dinner treat.
- Sea Salt: Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt over the top of the chocolate tart to enhance the chocolate flavors and add a savory element to the dessert.
- Chopped Nuts: Chopped nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios can be sprinkled over the top of the chocolate tart for a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
With these serving suggestions, you can make your easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart even more delicious and satisfying.
FAQs of Easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart that can help you make the perfect dessert:
Q: What type of chocolate is best for making a chocolate tart?
A: High-quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids is recommended for making a chocolate tart. This will give the tart a rich and intense chocolate flavor.
Q: Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate?
A: While milk chocolate can be used, it will result in a sweeter and less intense chocolate flavor. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate tart, you can use milk chocolate, but it is recommended to use a high-quality brand.
Q: How do I prevent the chocolate from seizing when melting?
A: To prevent the chocolate from seizing, be sure to use a dry bowl and utensils when melting it. Also, melt the chocolate over low heat and stir it frequently until it is fully melted and smooth.
Q: How long should I refrigerate the chocolate tart before serving?
A: The chocolate tart should be refrigerated for at least 2 hours to allow it to set and firm up. However, it is recommended to refrigerate it for up to 4 hours or even overnight for the best results.
Q: Can I make the chocolate tart ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the chocolate tart ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to serve. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q: Can I freeze the chocolate tart?
A: Yes, you can freeze the chocolate tart for up to 1 month. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
With these FAQs, you can make a perfect easy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate tart with confidence and ease.