This is by far my favorite chocolate cake ever!!
The texture is moist, fluffy, dense and with a rich chocolate flavor. And it’s completely plant-based (no chocolate here , just raw cacao powder!) Doesn’t this sounds heavenly?
The frosting is completely plant-based and it’s made with soakes cashews, coconut cream and cacao butter.
If you’re not able to find cacao butter, you can replace it with coconut oil (1:1).
This cake is very easy to make! If you don’t have the time to soak your cashews or you’re looking for a simple breakfast cake, just leave out the frosting. It will be super delicious anyway.
It’s very important to set the frosting in the refrigerator for several hours (best overnight) so that it won’t melt away. Please also make sure that the cake is completely cold before frosting it!
If you’re using the frosting, I recommend making it one day before you want to make (and eat) the cake.
Once it’s frosted, keep the cake in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. ( but it won’t last that long;) )
I hope you’ll love that chocolate cake as much as I do! Have fun in the kitchen and remember to tag me on Instagram @foodie.yuki if you make one of my recipes!
The best vegan chocolate cake
- one 25cmx10 / 10×4" loaf pan
Ingredients for the cake
- 190 g / 1 1/2 cups white spelt or all purpose flour
- 20 g / 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 80 g/ 1/2 cup Muscovado or coconut sugar
- 80 g/1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 65 g/ 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted at room temperature
- 80 ml / 1/3 cups espresso coffee, warm
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 240 ml /1 cup water at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 175C| 350 F degrees.
- Line a 22x 12 cm | 10 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cacao powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, espresso, vanilla, vinegar, and water until well combined.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool down for 5 minutes into the pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Cool down completely before slicing.