Is there anything better than waking up to a fluffy delicious slice of cake that is healthy, light and vegan? This banana bread is dessert for breakfast with no guilt feelings! It’s super easy, delicious and healthy!
I love the texture of the baked blueberries and the crunchy almonds on top, but feel free to pop in any ingredient of choice in the batter (like chocolate chips, nuts, berries, seed, etc.)
To make this recipe, you’ll need some very ripe bananas. The riper, the better. Now you know what to make with those spotted bananas that nobody wants to eat!
This banana bread has a fluffy and moist texture and it keeps well for a couple of days covered with aluminium foil.
I hope you guys are going to love this recipe as much as I do! And if you give it a try, please leave a comment below, rate the recipe or take a pic of your work and tag me on Instagram @foodie.yuki
Almond and blueberry banana bread
- one 25 cm / 10 inch loaf pan
- 300 g about 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 80 g/ 1/3 cup homemade/natural almond butter
- 120 g/ 1/2 cup+ 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml/ 1/4 cup almond milk
- 270 g/ 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tso baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 g /2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp flour, to cover the blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Grease and flour a 25cm/ 10 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, almond butter and sugar. Blend until smooth (2-3 minutes).
- Add in the vanilla, almond milk and the flour mixture and blend again, so you’ve left with a smooth cake batter. Don't overmix.
- Place the blueberries and flour in a bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Fold the berries with a spatula into the batter and spoon the batter into the pan.
- Top with almond slices.
- Bake for 60- 70minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean.
- Cover with tinfoil if the top darkens too much.
Let cool down for 10 mins in the pan then transfer onto a wire rack.