A pretty and refreshing cheesecake made of two delicious creamy layers in a crunchy crust. Doesn’t this sound heavenly?
The filling is completely raw and it’s made of cashews, coconut cream, white chocolate and fresh cherries. The crust is baked in the oven for a crunchy texture.
This cheesecake can be made much in advance, because it needs to be refrigerated. Make sure to remove from the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.
To make this recipe, your cashews need to be soaked overnight to achieve a filling with a perfectly smooth texture. If you forget this step, you can soak them in hot boing water for at least 30 minutes.
This recipe is: vegan friendly, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free. You can make it completely raw using a different recipe for the crust (check my no-bake tarts).
I’d love to know if you try this cheesecake. Please let me know in the comments below, or tag your snaps on Instagram using @foodie.yuki !
White chocolate and Cherry cheesecake
- One 20 cm/8 inch spring mold or tart pan with removable bottom
Ingredients for the base
- 100 g /1 cup pecans
- 120 g / 1 1/4 cups oats gluten-free certified if needed
- 5 g / 3 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 50 g / 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 Medjooles dates, pitted and soaked soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
Ingredients for the cherry layer
- 100 g / 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 120 g / 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted (pitted than misured)
- 140 g / 1 cup coconut cream
- 50 g /1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 60 g / 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
Ingredients for the white chocolate layer
- 100 g /1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 100 g / 1 cup coconut cream
- 50 g / 1,7 oz. white chocolate vegan, if needed
- 40 g / 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 30 g / 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Make the base
- Preheat oven to 170C degrees.
- In a food processor, add pecans, oats, cacao powder and salt and blend until finely ground.
- Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- With the help of a spoon, press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased tart pan with removable bottom.
- Poke some holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork.Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately after taking it out of the oven, smooth the surface with a spoon to get a nice and even surface.
- Cool down completely and place in the freezer whilst making the filling.
Make the cherry layer
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place them in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth. Pour over the tart base.
- Place in the freezer to set (about 30 minutes).
Make the white chocolate layer
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place them in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour over the cherry layer. Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer a 30 minutes to 1 hour before eating.
- Garnish with fresh cherries, edible flowers, white chocolate chunks and coconut chips.
- You can keep the tart in a closed container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.