A pretty and refreshing cheesecake made of two delicious creamy layers in a crunchy crust. Doesn’t this sound heavenly? The filling is completely raw and it’s made of cashews, coconut cream, white chocolate and fresh cherries. The crust is baked in the oven for a crunchy texture.
This cheesecake can be made much in advance because it needs to be refrigerated. Make sure to remove from the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.
To make the White chocolate and Cherry cheesecake, your cashews need to be soaked overnight to achieve a filling with a perfectly smooth texture. This preparation step is akin to the importance of proper ingredient preparation in making matcha cheesecake. If you forget this step, you can soak them in hot boiling water for at least 30 minutes, similar to how some matcha recipes call for the careful heating of ingredients.
The recipe is: vegan-friendly, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and soy-free. You can make it completely raw using a different recipe for the crust (check my no-bake tarts).
White chocolate and Cherry cheesecake
- 1 20 cm/8 inch spring mold or tart pan with removable bottom
- Ingredients for the base 100 g /1 cup pecans120 g / 1 1/4 cups oats gluten-free certified if needed5 g / 3 tsp raw cacao powder1/4 tsp pink salt50 g / 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted5 Medjooles dates, pitted and soaked
- Ingredients for the cherry layer 100 g / 1 cup cashews soaked overnight120 g / 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted (pitted than misured)140 g / 1 cup coconut cream50 g /1/4 cup coconut oil, melted60 g / 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- Ingredients for the white chocolate layer 100 g /1 cup cashews soaked overnight100 g / 1 cup coconut cream50 g / 1,7 oz. white chocolate vegan, if needed40 g / 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted30 g / 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Make the base
- Preheat oven to 170C degrees.
- In a food processor, add pecans, oats, cacao powder and salt and blend until finely ground.
- Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- With the help of a spoon, press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased tart pan with removable bottom.
- Poke some holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork.Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately after taking it out of the oven, smooth the surface with a spoon to get a nice and even surface.
- Cool down completely and place in the freezer whilst making the filling.
Make the cherry layer
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place them in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth. Pour over the tart base.
- Place in the freezer to set (about 30 minutes).
Make the white chocolate layer
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place them in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour over the cherry layer. Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer a 30 minutes to 1 hour before eating.
- Garnish with fresh cherries, edible flowers, white chocolate chunks and coconut chips.
- You can keep the tart in a closed container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Fact about White chocolate and Cherry cheesecake
Here’s a fun fact about white chocolate and cherry cheesecake:
White chocolate is not technically chocolate because it does not contain cocoa solids. Instead, it is made from cocoa butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Much like the subtleties that distinguish Japanese waffles from traditional waffles, white chocolate brings its unique qualities to the culinary world. Despite its name, white chocolate is not actually chocolate, but it still adds a rich and creamy flavor to desserts such as cheesecake.
Cherry cheesecake is a popular dessert that combines the tangy sweetness of cherries with the creamy richness of cheesecake. The combination of white chocolate and cherry in a cheesecake creates a delicious and decadent dessert that is sure to impress.
When making white chocolate and cherry cheesecake, it’s important to use high-quality ingredients to ensure the best flavor. Fresh cherries or cherry pie filling can be used to add a burst of flavor and color to the cheesecake.
The white chocolate can be melted and mixed into the cheesecake batter, or it can be used to make a white chocolate ganache that is drizzled over the top of the cheesecake.
Overall, white chocolate and cherry cheesecake is a delicious dessert that combines the creamy sweetness of white chocolate with the tartness of fresh cherries. It’s a perfect dessert for special occasions or when you want to indulge in something sweet and decadent.
Here are some cooking tips for making white chocolate and cherry cheesecake:
- Use a springform pan: A springform pan is the best type of pan to use when making cheesecake because it allows you to easily remove the sides of the pan without damaging the cheesecake.
- Prepare the crust well: Make sure that the crust is evenly distributed and pressed firmly into the bottom of the pan to prevent it from crumbling when the cheesecake is sliced.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that all the ingredients, including the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs, are at room temperature before mixing them together. This will help to ensure a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate properly: When melting white chocolate, be sure to use a low heat and to stir it constantly to prevent it from burning or seizing.
- Add cherries to the batter: Add fresh or canned cherries to the cheesecake batter for a burst of flavor and color. If using fresh cherries, be sure to remove the pits before adding them to the batter.
- Use a water bath: To prevent cracks from forming on the surface of the cheesecake, bake it in a water bath. This involves placing the cheesecake pan in a larger pan filled with hot water and baking it in the oven.
- Chill before serving: Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving. This will allow the cheesecake to set properly and to develop its full flavor.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and impressive white chocolate and cherry cheesecake that is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
In conclusion, white chocolate and cherry cheesecake is a delicious and decadent dessert that combines the creamy sweetness of white chocolate with the tangy sweetness of cherries.
By following some simple cooking tips, such as using a springform pan and a water bath, you can create a perfectly smooth and creamy cheesecake that is sure to impress.
Whether you’re serving it at a special occasion or enjoying it as a treat at home, white chocolate and cherry cheesecake is a dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.