This is hands down my new favorite granola recipe! It’s super easy, crispy, gluten-free, vegan friendly and sweetened with maple syrup only! I used almond butter but this recipe works with any nut butter.
You can use store-bought 100% natural almond butter, but I really recommend you try to make your own nut butter from scratch because it’s much easier than you think and way better than store-bought. All you need is just one ingredient, a food processor and 12 minutes!
Granola is perfect for breakfast, combined with milk, yogurt and fruit. But also as a snack to eat directly from the jar!
You can pair the granola with fresh fruits and coconut yogurt to create some parfaits just like I did.
Love to hear if you try this recipe! Leave me a comment below, rate the recipe or take a snap and tag me on Instagram! Don’t forget to follow me @foodie.yuki on Instagram for more healthy recipe!
- food processor, oven
Ingredients for the homemade almond butter
- 300 grams almonds
Ingredients for the almond granola
- 3 cups / 320 g old-fashioned rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 3/4 cup / 100 g chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp / 20 g ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup / 80 g homemade almond butter
- 1/3 cup / 90 g pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup / 50 g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup coconut chips add-ins, optional
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices add-ins, optional
For the homemade almond butter
- Place the almonds in a food processor and blend for about 12 minutes or until smooth. Store in a glass jar.
For the almond granola
- Preheat oven to 170C | 340F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine
- Pour mixture over oat mixture
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet and spread out the granola evenly.
- Bake granola for 25-30 minutes, stirring once, or until granola is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. Don't stir while cooling.
- Add the optional add-ins of choice, like coconut chips, almond slices, rose petals, etc.
- The granola will keep in an airtight container or glass jar for up to one month.