A big bowl of noodles is always a great idea, right? And when a heat wave is hitting your country, I swear that having cold soba is just the most refreshing and delicious meal you can have. Not summer where you live? no worries, this recipe can also be served warm!
I love to pair the noodles with some proteins like this crispy tofu and to fill the bowl with lots of fresh veggies and homemade pickled red cabbage.
And fon’t forget the peanut sauce! This is just the best part! It’s super simple and soooo sasfying 😉
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave me a comment below or take a pic and tag me on Instagram! I will publish your creations in my stories.
Summer Soba Noodle Salad
Ingredients for the crispy tofu
- 200 grams natural firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil
Ingredients for the peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp spy sauce /tamari for GF
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp honey /agave for vegan
- 1/2 lime, juice
Ingredients for the soba salad
- 200 grams soba noodles
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp spring oinons, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup homemade pickled red cabbage
Make the crispy tofu
- Start by draining the tofu, Wrap it in paper towels and place on a plate.
- Weigh it down with a heavy object for 15-30 minutes to drain the water.
- Cut into bite-sized cubes and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat, add tofu and cook until crispy on each side.
Make the peanut sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add some crushed peanuts for the crunchy factor.
Make the soba salad
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the soba and cook according to package directions. (About 10 minutes).
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Serve with toppings and crispy tofu.