What I love the most of this banana bread recipe is that it is so versatile! You can add any ingredient of choice, like chocolate chips, fresh fruits ot nuts to get a brand new recipe each time! Today, I added hazelnut flour and fresh blueberries and It was so yum!
This banana bread keeps its moist and fluffy texture for several days, if wrapped in tinfoil and kept at room temperature. But, believe me, it won’t last that long! 😉
This banana bread is so delicious and doesn’t contain lots of sugar and fats. That’s why you can enjoy it for breakfast, afternoon tea or whenever you crave it without guilt feelings!
Hazelnut and blueberry banana bread
- 300 grams (3 medium) bananas, very ripe
- 80 grams coconut oil, at room temperature
- 120 grams light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 220 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams hazelnut, finely ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 grams blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts, to top
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Grease and flour a 25cm loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder and baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, coconut oil and sugar. Blend until smooth. (2-3 minutes)
- Add in the flour mixture and blend again, so you’ve left with a smooth cake batter.
- Cover blueberries in flour and gently fold in the batter. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom.
- Pour into prepared pan and top woith hazelnuts.
- Bake for 70minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. Cover with tinfoil if the top darkens too much.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in loaf pan, then flip loaf out onto a wire rack and cool fully.