I love the tropical flavors of Mango and passion fruit pie! It’s like a vacation in a pie. This recipe is Vegan, gluten-free, soy free, refined sugar-free, plant-based (no processed ingredients), and super yummy!
The crust is made of oat flour and almond flour and the filling is creamy and dense thanks to the coconut cream and fresh mango. I wish I could wake up to a slice of this beauty every single day!
Mango and passion fruit pie
Ingredients for the crust
- 150 grams oat flour (GF if needed)
- 50 grams almond flour
- 5 pitted medjooles dates soaked if needed
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
Ingredients for the filling
- 300 grams fresh mango ( about one medium), peeled and chopped
- 60 ml fresh passion juice (about 5)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 ml almond milk
- 80 grams full fat coconut cream (solid part of a can)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 80 grams maple syrup or agave or 2 tsp stevia powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar powder
Make the filling
- Cut the passion fruits in halves, and pass them through a sieve to remove the seeds. Keep the juice.
- Place the mango chunks, passion fruit juice, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup in a food processor or a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan. Add coconut oil, coconut cream, corn starch and agar powder and whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a brief boil. Simmer for a couple of minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Pour over the tart base. Let cool completely, then place in the refrigerator to set for 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh berries, mini meringues, edible flowers.
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place the dates in a small ball and cover with warm water.
- In a food processor, combine almonds and oats and blend until finely ground.
- Add vanilla and pink salt and blend to combine.
- Add the pitted dates, agave and coconut oil and blend until the dough resembles wet sand.
- Press the dough into the lightly greased tart tin.
- Poke some holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.