Blueberry and lemon naked cake has a creamy lemon frosting and is filled with a wild blueberry jam. You don’t even need to own a full collection of pans, because this recipe requires only one 16 cm/7 pan!
This cake is light and delicious. The whole cake contains only 50 g of sunflower seeds oil. The layers are filled with wild bluberry jam and fresh blueberries. I used wild blueberries because, in my opinion, they have a more intense and fragrant taste. Of course, if you can’t find them, regular blueberries are perfectly fine.
This cake won’t last long but you can store it in an airthight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Wild blueberry and lemon layer cake
Ingredients for the cake
- 240 ml almond milk
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp organic lemon zest
- 60 grams unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50 grams sunflower seed oil
- 280 grams all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 grams light brown sugar
Ingredients for the lemon frosting
- 250 grams cashews, soaked
- 125 ml almond milk
- 100 grams coconut cream (solid part of one can)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Make the frosting
- Make the frosting to allow it to set whilst making the cake
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours (better overnight.)
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a food processor together with the other ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Make the cake
- Preheat the oven to 175 C| 350F
- Grease and flour one 16 cm
- In a small bowl, add milk and lemon juice. Stir well and set aside for ten minutes to make buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- Add the applesauce, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine but don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mold and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool down completely and cut horizontally into 3 layers.
Assemble the cake
- Place the first cake layer on a plate.
- With a piping bag, pipe a circle of lemon frosting on the outer part of the cake.
- Spread 3 tbsp of the blueberry jam in the center.
- Add the second cake layer and proceed in the same way.
- Lightly frost the outside with remaining lemon frosting.
Introduction about Blueberry and lemon naked cake
Blueberry and lemon naked cake is a delicious and seemingly stunning dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This cake is made with layers of fluffy lemon sponge cake and tangy blueberry filling, which are then topped with a light and creamy frosting.
The naked cake style, which means that the sides of the cake are left exposed, adds a rustic and elegant touch to this sweet treat. The combination of sweet and tart flavors in this cake is a match made in heaven, and it is sure to your guests with both its taste and its stunning appearance.
Whether you’re celebrating a special event or simply looking for a delicious dessert to enjoy with family and friends, Blueberry and lemon naked cake is the perfect choice.
The nutritional ingredients of Blueberry and lemon naked cake may vary on the specific recipe and ingredients used, but here are some general nutritional facts:
- Flour: The cake is typically made with all-purpose flour, which is a good source of carbohydrates. It also contains small amounts of protein and fiber.
- Sugar: The cake sugar, which provides the sweetness and contributes to the calorie count.
- Eggs: The cake is made with eggs, which are a good source of protein and healthy fats.
- Butter: The cake is typically made with butter, which is a source of fat and calories.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. They are also low in calories.
- Lemon: Lemon provides a burst of flavor and contains vitamin C and other antioxidants.
- Cream cheese: The frosting for the cake is typically made with cream cheese, which is a source of fat and calories.
Overall, Blueberry and lemon naked cake is a sweet and indulgent dessert that should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Here are some serving suggestions for Blueberry and lemon naked cake:
- Special occasions: Blueberry and lemon naked cake is perfect for special occasions such as weddings, showers, or birthdays. It is a beautiful and impressive dessert that is sure to be a hit with your guests.
- Brunch: Serve Blueberry and lemon naked cake as part of a brunch spread. Pair it with fresh fruit, yogurt, and coffee or tea for a light and refreshing meal.
- Afternoon tea: Blueberry and lemon naked cake is an excellent choice for an afternoon tea. Serve it alongside other tea sandwiches, scones, and pastries for a delightful and elegant experience.
- Summer parties: Blueberry and lemon naked cake is a perfect dessert for summer parties. It is light and refreshing, making it an ideal choice for warm weather gatherings.
- Dinner parties: Impress your dinner party guests with Blueberry and lemon naked cake as the grand finale to your meal. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Holiday celebrations: Blueberry and lemon naked cake is a festive dessert that is perfect for holidays such as Easter, Mother’s Day, or Christmas. Garnish it with fresh berries and edible flowers to make it even more festive.