I can’t imagine a better breakfast than a couple of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with a cup of green tea! This is a super simple recipe One bowl breakfast cookies (you only need one bowl or a mixer) with a vegan and gluten-free option.I added some larger chocolate chips, right after baking because chocolate is never enough, right?
To make this recipe gluten-free, I tried many different ingredients and I found that a combination of rice flour and potato starch was a great all purpose flour replacer in this recipe. But, because of the soft texture that this kind of flour gives, I think that it combines better with the flax egg than with the regular egg.
Among all versions of this recipe, the one with rice flour/potato starch (GF) and flax egg (vegan) is actually my favorite. If you’re a buckwheat lover (I am not), you can replace the all purpose flour with buckwheat flour 1:1 and you’ll get a more “rustic” cookie.
One bowl breakfast cookies
- 2 bowl
- 1 pan
- 80 grams old fashioned rolled oats
- 80 grams all purpose flour
- 80 grams light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 60 grams odorless coconut oil, melted or sunflower seeds oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 20 grams dark chocolate chips
- 16 chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 175C/ 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except coconut chips to a large bowl of a stand mixer and beat until the dough is moist and all the ingredients are combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands clump together a tablespoon of dough. Use you hands form a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Let some distance between the cookies because they’ll spread while baking.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until set and golden
- Press in chocolate chunks when they’re still warm.
Introduction about One bowl breakfast cookies
One bowl breakfast cookies are a quick and easy solution for busy mornings when you don’t have time for a sit-down breakfast. These cookies are packed with nutritious ingredients, such as oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, and can be customized to your taste preferences.
They are also easy to make and require only one bowl, making cleanup a breeze. You can bake a batch of these cookies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for a quick and satisfying breakfast on the go.
Whether you’re a busy commuter or a student rushing to class, these one bowl breakfast cookies are a tasty and convenient way to start your day.
Here are some cooking tips to help you make the perfect one bowl breakfast cookies:
- Use rolled oats: Rolled oats are a great option for one bowl breakfast cookies, as they provide a chewy texture and are more nutritious than quick oats.
- Add variety to your mix-ins: Experiment with different types of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to add variety and flavor to your breakfast cookies. Some seeds good options include chopped almonds, pumpkin, raisins, or dried cranberries.
- Use ripe bananas: Ripe bananas are a great natural sweetener that can help bind the ingredients together. The riper the banana, the sweeter it will be.
- Let the dough rest: Letting the dough rest for 10-15 minutes before baking can help the ingredients bind together and result in a chewier texture.
- Flatten the cookies: Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a spoon or your hand before baking. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from puffing up too much.
- Bake at a low temperature: Bake the cookies at a low temperature, around 325-350°F, for 10-15 minutes. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from burning on the bottom.
- Store in an airtight container: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
By following these cooking tips, you can create delicious and nutritious one bowl of breakfast cookies that are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on the go.
Here are some serving suggestions to enjoy your delicious one bowl breakfast cookies:
- Pair with a cup of coffee or tea: Enjoy your breakfast cookies with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a cozy and satisfying morning experience.
- Top with nut butter: Spread some almond butter or peanut butter on top of your breakfast cookies for an extra boost of protein and flavor.
- Dip in yogurt: Dip your breakfast cookies in some Greek yogurt for a creamy and tangy contrast to the sweet cookies.
- Enjoy with fresh fruit: Serve your breakfast cookies with some fresh fruit, such as sliced bananas or berries, for a refreshing and healthy addition to your breakfast.
- Crumble over oatmeal: Crumble your breakfast cookies over a bowl of warm oatmeal for a sweet and crunchy topping.
- Freeze them for a cool treat: Freeze your breakfast cookies for a few hours and enjoy them as a cool and refreshing snack on a hot day.
With these serving suggestions, you can enjoy your one bowl breakfast cookies in a variety of delicious ways. They are perfect for a quick and satisfying breakfast or as a snack throughout the day.
In conclusion, one bowl breakfast cookies are a delicious and convenient breakfast option that can be made quickly and customized to your taste preferences.
Packed with nutritious ingredients like oats, nuts, and seeds, these cookies are a great way to start your day on a healthy note. With some simple cooking tips and creative serving suggestions, you can make these cookies a staple in your morning routine.
Whether you’re rushing out the door or enjoying a leisurely breakfast at home, these one bowl breakfast cookies are a tasty and satisfying way to fuel your day.