Moist, fluffy, light and spiced! I love to make it for Easter, but it’s such a great every day treat! This recipe is vegan, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free.
The texture is fluffy and moist, It makes such a delicious breakfast too!
I like to bake it in a loaf pan, but of course you can use a round pan if you prefer.
The toppings are: coconut yogurt thin carrot slices, punpkin seeds, dried mulberrries, chopped pistachios, edible flowers, mint leaves and lime.
Easter carrot cake
- 200 grams carrots, peeled (about 3 medium)
- 100 ml / 1/2 cup sunflower seeds oil
- 2 organic oranges peel of
- 140 grams /1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 200 ml / 1 cup plant based milk I used almond*
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 grams / 2 cups all purpose flour
- 100 grams/ 1 cup almond meal
- 8 grams /2 tsp baking powder
- 4 grams/ 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 grams/ 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 170° Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes, until it starts to curdle. Add sugar and whisk until it has completely dissolved
- In a food processor, combine carrots, orange peel and oil. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Combine with the almond flour.
- Slowly fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture with a spatula.
- Add the carrot mixture and fold until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 25 cm/ 10 inch mold (greased and floured)
- Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Top with coconut yogurt, pistachios, walnuts, coconut chips, lime, mint leaves.