This tart has an almond oat crust with a creamy vanilla & raspberry filling. So delicious, light and healthy!
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, refined sugar free and low in calories! Yes, my kinda dessert 🙂
Vanilla and Raspberry tart
For the base
- 100 grams almonds
- 120 grams gluten free oats
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 50 grams coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 dates, pitted
For the filling
- 200 grams raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200 grams coconut cream
- 200 ml rice milk
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsbp corn starch
- 1 tsp agar powder
Make the base
- Preheat oven to 170C /330 F degrees.
- In a food processor, add almonds, oats and salt and blend until finely ground.
- Add the dates and melted coconut oil and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased tart pan with removable bottom. Poke some holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool down completely and place in the freezer whilst making the filling.
Make the filling
- Add the raspberries and 2 tbsp maple syrup to a medium size pot set over high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, once boiling use a fork to break down and mash the berries. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the jam has reduced and thickened by 1/3.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place the raspberry compote, coconut cream, rice milk, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Place the mixture into a medium saucepan, add agar agar and corn starch and whisk until well combined.
- Heat over medium-high and bring to a brief boil, stirring continuosly. Continue to cook until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and let cool down a little before pouring the mixure over the base.
- Let cool down completely before placing in the refrigerator to set for at least 3 hours.