Fluffy pancakes shouldn’t be for Sunday mornings only. Those healthy chocolate and hazelnut pancakes are such a great every day treat! Those pancakes are so rich and yum that you won’t need any topping, but coconut yogurt and fresh berries are always a good idea, right?
Chocolate and hazelnut pancakes
- 2 bowl
- 1 pan
- 200 grams spelt flour
- 50 grams cacao powder
- 25 grams potato flour
- 70 grams coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch pink salt
- 200 ml oat milk
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 60 grams pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter, softened
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled down
- pinch pink salt
- In a small bowl, combine oat milk with vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cacao powder, coconut sugar and baking powder and mix well.
- In a small bowl stir hazelnut butter, add maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil and mix to combine. Add the buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and mix till mostly incorporated. Add the water and mix to combine. Set the batter aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over a low-medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until golden brown or until the top surface forms bubbles (about 3 minutes).
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
Cooking tips Chocolate and hazelnut pancakes
Here are some cooking tips for making delicious chocolate and hazelnut pancakes:
- Use quality ingredients: Use high-quality cocoa powder and hazelnuts for maximum flavor and texture.
- Toast the hazelnuts: Toasting the hazelnuts has their flavor and adds a nice crunch to the pancakes. Simply place them in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough and rubbery pancakes. Mix the batter until just combined, and a few lumps are okay.
- Use a non-stick skillet or griddle: A non-stick surface will help prevent the pancakes from sticking and make flipping them easier.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup to portion the batter: This will help ensure that each pancake is the same size and cooks evenly.
- Add the chocolate and hazelnuts after pouring the batter: This will help ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the pancake.
- Cook over medium heat: Cooking the pancakes over medium heat will help ensure that they cook evenly without burning.
- Serve with whipped cream or chocolate sauce: This will add an extra layer of indulgence to the pancakes and make them even more delicious.
By following these tips, you can make delicious and fluffy chocolate and hazelnut pancakes that are sure to impress your family and friends.
Here are some serving suggestions for your chocolate and hazelnut pancakes:
- Whipped cream and chocolate sauce: Top your pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a decadent and indulgent treat.
- Fresh berries: Serve your pancakes with a side of fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, for a pop of color and added sweetness.
- Hazelnut spread: Spread a layer of hazelnut spread like Nutella on top of your pancakes for an extra dose of chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
- Maple syrup: Drizzle your pancakes with maple syrup for a classic and simple topping that complements the chocolate and hazelnut flavors.
- Sliced bananas: Top your pancakes with sliced bananas for a sweet and fruity addition that pairs well with the chocolate and hazelnut.
- Ice cream: For a truly indulgent treat, serve your pancakes with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream on top.
- Chopped nuts: Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts or other nuts like almonds or pecans on top of your pancakes for added crunch and texture.
By trying out these serving suggestions, you can elevate your chocolate and hazelnut pancakes to an even more delicious and mouth-watering level.
FAQs of Chocolate and hazelnut pancakes
Here are some frequently asked questions about chocolate and hazelnut pancakes:
Q: Can I make the pancake batter ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the pancake batter ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just give it a good stir before using.
Q: Can I use a different type of nut?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of nut like almonds or pecans, but keep in mind that it may affect the overall flavor and texture of the pancakes.
Q: Can I use a different type of chocolate?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of chocolate like milk chocolate or dark chocolate, but again, it may affect the overall flavor of the pancakes.
Q: Can I make these gluten-free pancakes?
A: Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour to make these gluten-free pancakes.
Q: Can I freeze these pancakes?
A: Yes, you can freeze these pancakes by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freezing until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply pop them in the toaster or microwave until heated through.
Q: How many calories are in chocolate and hazelnut pancakes?
A: The number of calories in chocolate and hazelnut pancakes can vary depending on the recipe and serving size. However, on average, each pancake can have around 150-200 calories.
In conclusion, chocolate and hazelnut pancakes are a delicious and indulgent breakfast or brunch option that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. By following the right recipe and cooking tips, you can make fluffy and flavorful pancakes that are loaded with rich chocolate and nutty hazelnut flavors.
With a variety of serving suggestions, you can customize your pancakes to your liking and create a truly mouth-watering meal.
Whether you’re looking for a special weekend treat or just a comforting breakfast on a cold morning, chocolate and hazelnut pancakes are definitely worth trying.