I can not contain my happiness when strawberries finally make their appearance on the shelves of the supermarkets!
And, of course, I can’t help buying a dozen boxes and try new recipes!
Those tartlets have a strawberry, raspberry and red currant creamy filling. So sweet and refreshing!
The crust is made with almond flour and quinoa flakes.
Spring tartlets with quinoa crust
Ingredients for the crust
- 260 grams almond flour
- 30 grams quinoa flakes
- 5 Medjooles dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
Ingredients for the berry compote
- 200 grams raspberries
- 150 grams strawberries
- 150 grams red currant
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Ingredients for the filling
- 300 grams berry compote
- 100 grams full fat coconut milk
- 100 ml dairy free milk
- 3 Tbsp agave
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 170°C degrees.
- Place the almond flour, quinoa flakes, dates, coconut oil, vanilla and salt into a food processor.
- Pulse several times until the mixture resemples wet sand. It will be a bit sticky.
- Press the mixture firmly into a lightly greased tart pan.
- Poke some holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove and cool completely.
Make the berry compote
- Add the berries, maple syrup and lemon juice to a medium size pot set over high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, once boiling use a fork to break down and mashe the berries. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the jam has reduced and thickened by 1/3.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
Make the filling
- Place the berry compote, coconut milk, dairy free milk and agave in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Place the mixture into a medium saucepan, add agar agar and corn starch and whisk until well combined.
- Heat over medium-high and bring to a brief boil, stirring continuosly.
- Continue to cook until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and let cool down a little before pouring the mixure over the base.
- Let cool down completely before placing in the refrigerator to set for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with rose petals and blossoms.