This plum cake is so fluffy and flavourful. The delicate taste of lemon goes so well with the strong taste of sesame seeds.
And how pretty does the pink glaze look? To make it, I just combined some lemon juice with a dash of blood orange juice.
Lemon sesame seeds loaf cake
- 300 grams spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 ml oat milk
- 80 grams agave
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/1 organic lemons, juice and peel
- 120 ml sunflower seeds oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balck sesame seeds
Ingredients for the frosting
- 50 grams vegan cream cheese
- 70 grams powdered sugar *
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp blood orange juice
Make the plum cake
- Preheat oven to 180° C degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine lemon juice,soy milk and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan (25x11cm).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes ot until a toothpick comes out clea.
- Let the plum cake cool down completely before frosting.
Make the frosting
- In a small bowl, combine lemon and orange juice with powdered sugar. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.