These chocolate lavender cupcakes with lavender frosting are so rich and moist, you won’t believe they’re vegan! I was skeptical about using lavender in desserts at first, but the frosting turned out oh so delicious!
To get the lavender color, I used natural pink pitaya and butterfly pea powder. What I love the most about these cupcakes, is the rich and moist texture.
If you want to make them completely refined sugar-free, replace the powdered sugar of the frosting with erythritol or whip some coconut cream sweetened with maple syrup.
Introduction about CHOCOLATE LAVENDER CUPCAKES
Chocolate lavender cupcakes are a delicious and unique twist on traditional chocolate cupcakes. These cupcakes are made with a rich chocolate batter that is infused with the subtle floral notes of dried lavender.
The combination of chocolate and lavender creates a sophisticated flavor profile that is both indulgent and refreshing.
The cupcakes are typically topped with a creamy frosting that is also flavored with lavender, creating a cohesive and delicious dessert. Chocolate lavender cupcakes are perfect for any occasion, from a casual afternoon tea to a fancy dinner party.
They are a great way to add some variety to your dessert menu while still satisfying your chocolate cravings. Whether you’re a fan of floral flavors or just looking for a new cupcake recipe to try, chocolate lavender cupcakes are sure to impress.
CHOCOLATE LAVENDER CUPCAKES
- 1 saucepan
- 1 muffin tray
- 150 grams 150 grams dairy free
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp pink pitaya powder
- 1/4 tsp blue butterfly pea powder
- 2 Tbsp edible lavender buds
- 175 grams 175 grams spelt flour
- 50 grams cacao powderpinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 200 grams coconut sugar
- 20 ml espresso coffee
- 250 ml hot water
- 60 ml sunflower seeds oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegan butter. Add 2 teaspoons of lavender buds and heat for a couple of minutes. Let cool down completely, remove the buds and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Combine 1 tablespoon vegan milk with pink pitaya and butterfly pea powder.
- In a high speed blender, blend vegan butter, sugar, milk and the lavender flavored butter. Start on slow, then gradually increase the speed until the frosting is perfectly whipped.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees and line a muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Divide the batter equally (I used an ice cream scooper) between the 12 muffin cases and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.Leave to cool before frosting.
Chocolate lavender cupcakes are a unique and delicious dessert that can be served in many different ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Lavender frosting: Top the cupcakes with a creamy lavender frosting to enhance the lavender flavor in the cupcakes.
- Fresh berries: Serve the cupcakes with fresh berries, such as raspberries or strawberries, for a burst of freshness and color.
- Whipped cream: Serve the cupcakes with a dollop of whipped cream on top for an extra indulgent touch.
- Tea or coffee: Serve the cupcakes with a hot cup of tea or coffee to balance the sweetness and enhance the flavors.
- Ice cream: Serve the cupcakes with a scoop of vanilla or lavender ice cream for a delicious and refreshing dessert.
- Chocolate shavings: Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top of the cupcakes for added texture and flavor.
- Edible flowers: Garnish the cupcakes with edible flowers, such as lavender buds or rose petals, for a beautiful and aromatic presentation.
Remember to store the cupcakes in an airtight container to keep them fresh, and enjoy the delicious combination of chocolate and lavender in every bite!
FAQs of CHOCOLATE LAVENDER CUPCAKES
Here are some frequently asked questions about chocolate lavender cupcakes:
Q: What is the best type of chocolate to use for chocolate lavender cupcakes?
Ans: It is best to use high-quality dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 60% for the cupcakes. This will ensure a rich and deep chocolate flavor that pairs well with the floral notes of the lavender.
Q: Can I use fresh lavender instead of dried lavender?
Ans: Yes, you can use fresh lavender instead of dried lavender, but be sure to use a small amount as fresh lavender has a stronger flavor than dried.
Q: Can I make the cupcakes ahead of time?
Ans: Yes, you can make the cupcakes ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The cupcakes can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
Q: Can I use lavender oil instead of dried lavender?
Ans: It is not recommended to use lavender oil in the cupcakes, as it can be too strong and overpowering. Dried lavender is a better option as it provides a subtle and natural flavor.
Q: Can I make the cupcakes without eggs?
Ans: Yes, you can make the cupcakes without eggs by using a vegan egg substitute such as applesauce or flax eggs.
Q: Can I use a different type of frosting instead of lavender frosting?
Ans: Yes, you can use a different type of frosting such as chocolate buttercream or vanilla frosting, but the lavender flavor will not be as prominent.
In conclusion, chocolate lavender cupcakes are a unique and delicious dessert that can be enjoyed in many different ways. By using high-quality chocolate and dried lavender, you can create a sophisticated flavor profile that is both indulgent and refreshing.
Whether you are serving the cupcakes with lavender frosting, fresh berries, or ice cream, they are sure to impress and satisfy any sweet tooth.
With these FAQs, you can make the perfect chocolate lavender cupcakes every time and enjoy the delicious combination of chocolate and floral flavors in every bite.