This homemade granola is a healthier version with no refined sugar, minimal oil and big chocolate flavor. It’s naturally vegan and gluten free!
I absolutely love homemade granola! Every time I bake some granola, my whole house smells like heaven!
Plus, this granola looks so pretty with the pink pitaya chips and rose petals 🙂
I love to make parfaits topped with granola, like these chocolate and pink pitaya chia pudding parfaits. But this granola stays super crunchy even in milk and it is delicious eaten directly from the jar!
Chocolate and pink pitaya granola
- 200 grams gluten free old fashioned oats
- 15 grams cocoa powder
- 30 grams chia seeds
- 20 grams flax seeds
- 40 grams coconut chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40 grams sunflower seeds
- 50 grams maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 30 grams cacao nibs*
- 1/4 cup red dragon fruit chips, chopped
- 1/4 cup rose petals
Nuts (omit if allergic)
- 70 grams almonds chopped
- 60 grams macadamia nuts, chopped
- 50 grams hazelnuts, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 170C degrees (330F).2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, except the cacao nibs (see note), dragon fruit chips and rose petals. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir to combine. 3.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes (stir after 7-10 mins).4. In a saucepan, roast the nuts. (You can also place them in the oven with the rest of the mixture but I find it easier to avoid burning them). 5. Let the granola cool down completely before adding the cacao nibs, rose petals and red dragon fruit chips. Store the granola into a clean, ermetic jar.